Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
For Valentine’s Day this year, my daughter decided she wants to host a treat-making party for her girlfriends, and these easy-to-make cotton goody bags will be perfect for stashing the finished treats. All you need are basic muslin bags, double-stick fusible paper, an iron, and some fabric scraps (this is a great way to use up leftovers from previous projects!). Keep reading for the full tutorial.
Read more for the full tutorial…
• Fabric scraps (Featured Minted fabrics: “Floral Burst” by Lilian Cohen, “First Crush” by Katherine Roberts, and “One Way or Another” by Stacey Meacham)
• Double-stick fusible appliqué paper (you can get at the fabric store)
• Muslin bags
1. Draw a heart or “X” and “O” on one side of the appliqué paper.
2. Remove the back layer of the paper and affix it to the back side of fabric. Iron the paper onto the fabric per the packaging instructions.
3. Cut out the shape.
4. Peel the paper layer from the fabric.
5. Place the sticky side down onto the muslin bag. Slide a piece of paper into the bag so the glue from appliqué paper does not leak through. Iron onto bag.
6. Let cool completely and fill with Valentine’s Day goodies!
Photos: Sara Albers