Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon from Alice & Lois
Are you ready for the easiest and most thoughtful handmade gift this holiday season? We’re sharing how to make this hand-painted initial ornament! It makes for a sweet hostess gift for all of those holiday parties you’re attending. We love coming up with ideas for easy and affordable handmade gifts (our favorite holiday tradition!), and this one totally fits the bill. Don’t be intimidated by the hand lettering because we used graphite transfer paper! Personalize it by incorporating a first initial, last name initial, or even their full name—the possibilities are endless!
More after the jump…
• White ceramic bulb ornaments (I got mine at a large craft store)
• Black paint pen
• Transfer paper
• Ballpoint pen
1. I typed out the letters in Word using a 50-point font size. Print and cut out; then cut a piece of transfer paper that is the same size as letter.
2. Tape the letter on top of transfer paper onto the ornament.
3. Using a ballpoint pen, trace an outline of the letter.
4. Peel the papers from the ornament.
5. Using the paint pen, paint the letter.
6. You can do just the initials or the full name. Then, for a pop of color, add some of your favorite ribbon on top!
Photos: Sara Albers