By Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
Holiday party season is here! Is your bar cart all ready for your party guests? These DIY clay drink markers are the perfect way to add a custom touch to your cocktails. Make them in a variety of marbleized colors and your guests will be sure to remember whose drink is whose.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Cutting mat
• Craft knife
• Parchment paper
• Tin foil
• Oven-bake clay
• Clay roller
• Straws (assorted sizes)
1. Take two colors of oven-bake clay and marble them together, kneading and twisting to get nice swirls.
2. On parchment paper over your cutting mat, roll the marbled clay flat to about 1/8″ thickness.
3. Use the ruler and craft knife to cut 1/2″ wide strips that are at least 3″ long.
4. Trim the ends of the strips so that each piece is 1/2″ by 3″.
5. Use the straws to punch holes into one end of each strip. Use different straw sizes, numbers of holes, and different placements to keep them all different so guests will remember their drink marker.
6. Gently roll the top 3/4″ of the strip over to form a hook. Place a piece of rolled up tin foil under the hook to keep it from collapsing while baking. Put on a baking sheet and bake according to package instructions.
Comments Off on DIY: Marbled Clay Drink Tags