I’m all about easy, last-minute solutions to tackle your holiday gift list. This fun, no-sew fabric apron would make for the perfect hostess gift, cookie-party favor, or everyday kitchen accessory. I always love making useful presents and this craft is very easy (no sewing machine necessary!). Plus, Minted has so many amazing fabric patterns to choose from, the options are endless.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• 1 yard fabric (I used “Criss-Crossed” by Hooray Creative)
• 2 yards ribbon
• Tape measure
• Iron-on hem tape
1. Cut out a square of fabric measuring 25″ x 25″.
2. Place the fabric print-side down; place and pin the hem tape along the bottom edge.
3. Fold the bottom edge of fabric and iron to adhere.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the left and right sides.
5. Measure ribbon so that it is long enough to wrap around your waist; next, add additional length to account for tying.
6. Place hem tape along the front of the apron waistband. Center your ribbon so that you have equal length on each side of the apron.
7. Use the iron to adhere the ribbon to the apron. (Depending on the material, a hot glue gun might work better.)
8. Voilà! You’re ready to don your chef’s hat!
Special thanks to my dear husband, John, for modeling the steps.
Find more of Brandy on her blog.Comments Off on DIY: No-Sew Fabric Apron