We all have that one friend who’s obsessed with their pet (or maybe you’re said friend?). If you’re stumped on what to give your pal this holiday, we think Minted’s new Completely Custom Pet Silhouettes fits the bill (we can turn a pet photo into a letterpressed or foil-pressed art print!). Surprise the pet-lover in your life with this DIY tote emblazoned with a handsome photo of their favorite furry friend and fill it with a custom pet silhouette, as well as some extra goodies to share.
• Cotton tote bag
• Iron-on transfer paper
• Ink printer
• Completely Custom Pet Silhouette
• Extra goodies (I filled mine with all natural treats, an antler chew, a doggie bow tie, a leather leash, and a flossing rope toy)
1. First things first: Stalk your friend on social media or go take pictures (in stealth mode!) of your friend’s pet. To make a silhouette, the photo should be side profile, shot in front of a white wall. But for the tote bag, anything goes!
2. Order a Completely Custom Pet Silhouette online (be sure to time it right so the gift arrives in time!).
3. Upload or scan the tote bag photo to a computer. Print the photo onto a sheet of iron-on transfer paper and cut out with a pair of scissors or craft knife. You may choose to cut out the entire photo or just the subject’s silhouette (which is what I did). Iron the image onto the tote bag according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Fill it up and let the giving begin!
More Holiday Gift Ideas:
• Turn Your Beloved Family Recipe Into an Art Print
• Free Printable: Modern Black-and-White Holiday Gift Tags
• Three of the Cutest Ways to Wrap Your Holiday Gifts
• How To: Tie the Perfect Bow