Written by Olivia Kanaley
For the young and the young-at-heart, nothing quite tops the anticipation of Christmas morning. What’s more fun than counting down the days with an advent calendar? This one is easy to make and you can reuse it year after year.
• 1″ glass ball ornaments (24)
• 1/2″ brass cup hooks (24)
• 16″ x 20″ or larger piece of wood (we used a wood painting panel)
• 1/4″ vinyl number stickers
• Foam brush
• Drill and 1/16″ drill bit
• Printed template (print on letter paper and tape together)
1. Print template on four sheets of letter paper, tape the edges together, and cut out. Center the template on top of the wood and tape in place. Using a pencil, mark the three corners of the triangle on the wood board.
2. Using the black dots on the template as a guide, pre-drill holes for the cup hooks (drill right through the paper template).
3. Remove template and use pencil dots as a guide to tape off the three sides of the tree.
4. Add number stickers 1-24 securely about 1/2″ below each of the pre-drilled holes. You can go in numerical order or randomly apply them.
5. Apply paint to taped off area and let dry completely.
6. Carefully remove the tape and vinyl numbers. Screw in cup hooks. Now you’re ready to add one ornament to your tree on each day of December to count down to Christmas.