Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
This year, trim your tree with these easy-to-make handmade ornaments. I picked up these tree-shaped cardboard ornaments at my local craft store—they were plain and simple, and ready to be turned into something beautiful! All it took was some glue and pieces of fabric (I chose designs from Minted’s line of fabrics) to turn the plain ornaments into ones with personality! These would look beautiful on your tree, of course, but would also make a sweet gift topper. Keep reading for the easy step-by-step instructions.
Click through for the DIY instructions…
• Cardboard tree-shaped ornaments
• Swatches of fabric (I chose “Soft Stampled Triangles” by Susie Allen, “Watercolor Pines” by Alethea & Ruth, and “Over the Hills” by Tammie Bennett
• Glue (I used Mod Podge)
• Sponge brush
1. Place the fabric pattern-side down and place the ornament on top; trace the tree outline with a pencil.
2. Cut out the tree shape using a pair of sharp scissors.
3. Apply glue to the ornament with a sponge brush.
4. Carefully affix the fabric onto the ornament; you can trim the fabric edges if needed.
Tip: Also apply a thin coat of glue/Mod Podge to the fabric edges to prevent fraying.
Photos: Sara Albers4 COMMENTS