By Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
It’s almost Thanksgiving! If you don’t yet have a plan for your table decor, not to worry: These DIY cornucopia place settings are super quick to make and you can use any paper you have on hand. Fill them with colorful candies and you’ve got a bright and modern Thanksgiving table in no time.
Click through for step-by-step instructions …
• Card stock in assorted colors
• Hot glue gun
1. Cut a piece of card stock into a 5″ x 9″ rectangle.
2. Draw a line down the center of the length (so that you divide the 9″ long side into 4 1/2″ ). Draw lines on 1/4″ away on either side of this center line.
3. Use scissors to cut five 1″ fringes on both sides of the center, being sure to leave the center strip uncut.
4. Leave the first fringe as is, but cut the four following fringes into these lengths: 8″, 7″, 5 1/2″, 4″. Make sure to trim both sides equally so that the entire strip measures the proper length, as shown.
5. Apply hot glue to one side of each fringe and attach the opposite fringe, forming five attached paper circles.
6. To curl the circles into a cornucopia shape as shown, apply a dab of hot glue onto the seam of second largest circle and set it into the largest circle. Hold it in place until it’s dry. Repeat in the same way for the following circles, nesting them into one another.
7. Cut a 2 1/2″ by 3″ rectangle in matching card stock. Roll it into a cone shape and hot glue together.
8. Hot glue the small cone into the end of the cornucopia. Repeat in coordinating colors.
Comments Off on DIY: Candy Cornucopia