Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of alice & lois
Birthday candles are a must if you’re celebrating a birthday, which is why we created this whimsical garland of cardstock candles. It’s guaranteed to become a decoration staple at all your birthday celebrations. We used bright neon cardstock to make ours, but you could, of course, choose any color scheme you like.
Click through for the full tutorial…
• 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of cardstock in various colors of your choice
• Embroidery thread
1. Cut a sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper in half, horizontally.
2. Next, cut each half-sheet into thirds.
3. Then, cut those thirds in half.
4. Trace your flame shape and cut out.
5. Roll each piece into tube (I used a tube of lip balm to help roll them).
6. Secure the ends with tape.
7. Tape the flame to the top of candle.
8. Use the needle to thread the embroidery thread through all of the candles to create your garland.
Photos: Melissa Fenlon