By Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
With school back in session, we’re starting to think about ways to showcase our kiddos’ latest artwork. These DIY ruler clip frames are an easy way to show off their mini masterpieces—they’d look great on your desk at work or on your mantel, don’t you think? This project is super-simple to make; all you need are wooden rulers and binder clips and you’re all set.
Click through for the project instructions…
• Wooden rulers
• Gold binder clips (we used 1¼-inch clips)
1. Line up two rulers horizontally so all sides line up together.
2. Insert your artwork in between the rulers.
3. Affix the binder clips to the bottom of rulers.
4. Stand up your new frame on the ends of the clips.
Tip: If your child’s artwork is not on thick paper, affix a thin piece of cardboard, like from a cereal box, to the back of their piece. This will help the paper stand upright in the frame.Comments Off on DIY: Ruler Clip Frame