This easy braided duct-tape headband is a perfect summer craft for little hands! Make them in a variety colors—even a version in red, white, and blue for the upcoming Fourth of July!—for loads of DIY fashion fun!
Click through to find out the simple step-by-step instructions…Supplies:
• 3 different colors of duct tape
• Elastic (about 4 inches)
• Hot glue gun and glue
1. Begin by pulling out a strip of duct tape (measure child’s head for length). Then fold it over itself in thirds to create your “fabric” strip. Repeat for the next two colors.
2. Tape the top of all three duct-tape strips together and begin braiding the tape. Fold and press to keep your braid in place.
3. Continue braiding until you have a strip long enough for your child’s head.
4. Tape each end of the braid to secure.
5. Glue one end of your elastic to the end of the headband with hot glue (we just cut a ponytail elastic in half but if you have wider elastic I would recommend using that).
6. Glue the other end of the elastic to the other end of the headband. Let dry and then cover ends with a strip of duct tape.
7. Your new braided headband is ready to wear!
Have fun with more braided duct tape jewelry such as bracelets, necklaces, you name it!
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.1 COMMENT