If you’re giving your mama a bouquet of fresh-picked blooms this Mother’s Day, take your gift to the next level by ditching the generic packaging and presenting the flowers in a personalized flower wrap. In your best penmanship, hand-letter a meaningful quote, poem, song lyric, or compliment to express your gratitude and love.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• 12″ x 12″ sheets of paper (in your choice of color)
• Fresh flowers
• Rubber band
• Double-sided tape
• Brush pen or writing instrument of choice
• Twine or ribbon
1. Gather enough blooms to create a lush bouquet; trim flower stems so they’re all relatively equal in length. Use a rubber band to hold the bundle in place.
2. Once you’ve chosen what you’d like to personalize the flower wrap with, write out the phrase in your best penmanship. You may want to practice with different writing tools (Sharpie marker, chalk, watercolor brush, calligraphy pen, etc.) to decide which look you like the best. Be sure to allow ample time for drying.
3. Once dry, fold the sheet to form the shape of a cone (with the lettering on the outside); secure with double-sided tape.
4. Gently slip the bundle of flowers into the personalized paper cone.
5. Loosely tie the stems with ribbon or twine (be careful not to tie it too tight!).
More Mother’s Day Ideas:
• Printable Paper-Flower Bouquet for Mother’s Day
• Printable Mother’s Day Stickers
• DIY Homemade Herbal Bath Salts (with free printable label)
• No-Sew Tea Towels
• Printable Photobooth Strip Mother’s Day Card
• Mother’s Day Breakfast-in-Bed Printables
• Mini Herb Garden Mother’s Day Gift
Find more of Brandy on her blog.Comments Off on DIY: Personalized Flower Wrap (Perfect for Mother’s Day!)