By Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
Now that the end of the school year is in sight, it’s time to start thinking about ways to thank your children’s teachers. Last year, I asked my kid’s teachers what types of gifts they appreciate most and the answer was unanimous—gift cards (yep, no more mugs, notepads, and personalized desk accessories, please). I know, gift cards can be so impersonal. But we took care of that problem by designing this mod-inspired gift-card holder to add a personal touch to your thank you.
Keep reading for the free printable and tutorial…
2. With the envelope template face-down, fold one of the smaller semi-circle–shaped flaps up.
3. Next, fold the other smaller semi-circle–shaped flap up.
4. Fold the larger flap up.
5. Using glue dots (or a glue stick), affix the larger flap to the smaller flaps, creating a little pocket.
6. Fold up the other larger flap to make the envelope closure.
7. Insert gift card of choice.
8. Use decorative wash tape to seal envelope closed.
Photos: Sara Albers