By Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of alice & lois
Your mom definitely deserves a chance to relax and refresh, which is why these homemade bath salts are the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Ours is a refreshing, herbal blend of spearmint and rosemary, which smells absolutely delightful. And we’ve included a printable label (get it below), making these homemade bath salts the perfect, easy homemade gift for all the mamas in your life.
Keep reading for the step-by-step instructions…
• Epsom salts
• Coarse sea salt
• Spearmint and rosemary essential oils
• Dried rosemary (for bath salts) and fresh spearmint and rosemary sprigs to garnish gift packaging
• Card stock and string
• Homemade Bath Salts printable label
1. Mix Epsom and sea salts (you will need two cups, total). Add 10 drops of spearmint oil and five drops of rosemary oil; pour everything into a ziploc bag and shake to combine the salts and oils.
2. Add dried rosemary and mix to combine; scoop salts into glass jars.
3. Print and cut out the Homemade Bath Salts printable tag. Punch a hole in top center and tie around jar with string.
4. Garnish the jar with sprigs of fresh rosemary and mint.
Photos: Sara Albers