By Sara Albers & Melissa Fenlon of alice & lois
P0lka dots are always a great party theme—they’re colorful and playful, and most of all, just plain fun! Today, we’re sharing a simple polka-dot treat bag DIY that involves decorating muslin bags with a simple stamping technique. It’s a fun way to get your kiddo involved and helping with the party prep, and the bags are perfect for stuffing with small treats. Best of all, the little polka-dot pouches are a goody bag guests can use at home, too.
Click through for the step by step instructions…
• Muslin bags (I used 6″ x 8″ bags)
• Acrylic craft paint
• Circle shaped foam stamp
• Parchment paper
1. Cut parchment paper to fit in the inside of the bag. Insert into opening of bag.
2. Dip the eraser of new pencil into desired paint color. Stamp onto bag. You can make any design you’d like!
3. Use the foam stamp for a larger polka dot stamp.
4. After the paint is dry, remove the parchment paper and fill with party goodies!
We had a fun time coming up with circle- and dot-shaped treats to include in the goody bags—what other spot-shaped treats would you include?
• Lemonhead candy
• Bouncy balls
• Candy necklaces
Photos: Sara Albers2 COMMENTS