Balloons aren’t just for kids’ birthday parties anymore. Now that there are a ton of chic, wedding-appropriate options available—not to mention all the creative DIYs floating around the web—balloons are a whimsical (and affordable!) way to add a little whimsy to your wedding day. Here are my favorite ideas for incorporating them into your celebration.
1. Create an arch for your ceremony, reception entrance, or over the dance floor. And dont forget to add fresh flowers! Image by Jessica Peterson via The House That Lars Built.
2. Use them for your save the date or for a photo-op on your big day. Image via Simplesmente Branco.
3. Have your flower girl carry them down the aisle instead of petals. Image by Rouxby via Rustic Wedding Chic.
4. Create a photo display with your engagement photos attached to the bottom of each balloon. Image by Marissa Holmes Photography via Wedding Chicks.
Click through for more fun ways to incorporate balloons into your wedding day…
5. Line the aisle with oversized balloons in your wedding palette. Image by Linda Chaja Photography via Live Alegria
6. Create a dessert-table backdrop. Image by onelove photography via Green Wedding Shoes.
7. Float them over your dance floor. Image via Bayside Balloons Online.
8. Wrap them in pretty textiles like lace and string. Image by Fresh Ivey Photography via Utterly Engaged.
More Wedding Inspiration:
• 10 Ways to Decorate the Cocktail Bar
• Disco-Ball Details for a Winter Wedding
• 8 Cozy Ways to Incorporate Faux Fur