I’ve had these plain paper lanterns in my party supply for ages but have never used them because they were a little boring. I decided to change all that and pulled out my trusty acrylic paints to do the job. Ten minutes later, I had three completely custom lanterns. It couldn’t be simpler.
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
• White paper lanterns
• Acrylic paints
• Paint brush
• Ribbon (optional)
1. Paint desired pattern on lantern. Use a smaller brush for more coverage; use the paint brush end for dots. Let dry.
2. Tie decorative ribbon to the bottom of the lantern.
• Three Simple Ways to Upgrade Your Snail Mail Envelopes
• “Hip Hip Hooray” Party Sign
• Scalloped-Paper Party Backdrop
Find more of Melanie on her blog.2 COMMENTS