Written by Olivia Kanaley
Take some cues from the soft textures and subtle hues of springtime and package up favors for your next event using this wrapping technique. Mismatched florals and tidy knots create a look that is feminine, tailored, and oh-so-sweet.
1. Measure and cut a 15″ square from fabric (cut a 20″ square if you are using 4″ boxes).
2. Place fabric face down on work surface with the favor box on top. Pull opposite corners of the fabric around the box and cut away corners, leaving just enough material to meet at the top of the box. If desired, you can use a piece of double stick tape to secure the fabric here as you keep working.
3. Fold fabric over the sides of the box, just as you would wrap a gift with paper. Pinch with index finger and thumb where shown, pulling fabric taut around the sides of the box.
4. Working with one side at a time, continue to pinch fabric taut, while bringing the fabric “tail” up over the top of the box.
5. Cross the tails around each other as shown, creating 90 degree angles.
6. Tuck each tail under the knot once more as shown, and pull taut. For a tidy look, gently conceal the unfinished ends under the gathered fabric.