Your child’s grade school class will be coming up roses with this easy Valentine’s Day craft! All you need are Smarties candies, coffee filters, and a bit of craft masking tape and you’ll have a sweet bloom for each little friend.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Smarties candies
• Coffee filters
• Food color and water (if you want to add a hint of color to the flowers)
• Craft masking tape or washi tape
• Paper (for the petal)
1. Start by dipping each coffee filter into a cup of water tinted with the food-coloring hue of your choice; let dry completely.
2. Stack two filters and fold them in half; bunch and twist the bottom of the filters together to form a bloom.
3. Tape the twisted part of the flower “stem” to your roll of Smarties using craft masking tape; continue to wind the tape down.
4. Add a petal with each child’s name on it and hand out on Valentine’s Day!
I had little O as my helper on these and he was all sorts of shy about his flower for Mia. He made me promise that we would NOT give it to her. But I could tell he was equalled thrilled about the notion of actually giving it to her as he was terrified. Oh young love…
More Valentine’s Day DIYs:
• Easy Valentine’s Day Heart Pillow
• No-Sew Valentine Treat Bags
• Valentine’s Day Party Glasses
• No-Sew Valentine Mail Bag
• Valentine Present Toppers
• Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine’s Day Card (free printable!)
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.2 COMMENTS