Spread the love this Valentine’s Day with this simple and stylish DIY craft. Pipe cleaners are inexpensive and come in a variety of colors, styles, and textures, so the options are endless. Impress your dearest by topping off a little treat with these sweet tokens of affection.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Hot glue gun
• Pip cleaners
1. Sculpt and/or cut pipe cleaners to desired shape and size. To make a heart, bend a piece of pipe cleaner to create the shape.
2. Repeat until you’ve made enough heart toppers for all your treats.
3. Apply a small dab of hot glue onto the base of the pipe cleaner.
4. Gently press the tip of the toothpick directly onto the pipe cleaner form.
5. In addition to the hearts, you can also make Xs and Os using small pieces of pipe cleaners.
6. To make the Xs, apply glue at the center of two intersecting pieces; for the Os, bend one piece of pipe cleaner into an O shape and glue the ends together. Use more glue to affix each shape to a toothpick.
Voilà! Instant sweetheart confection toppers for all to enjoy. xo!
More Valentine’s Day DIYs:
• No-Sew Valentine Treat Bags
• Valentine’s Day Party Glasses
• No-Sew Valentine Mail Bag
• Valentine Present Toppers
• Fill-in-the-Blank Valentine’s Day Card (free printable!)
Find more of Brandy on her blog.1 COMMENT