By Melissa Fenlon and Sara Albers of Alice & Lois
Valentine’s Day is about a month away, and if you’re like us, you are already planning your red, white, and pink bash! Here’s a great little DIY party favor that works for both a kids’ party or a grown-up Valentine soirée. These adorable Valentine’s Day heart glasses will surely make your guests smile. Fill them with candy and they make the perfect party favor.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Any size glass
• Permanent oil-based paint marker
1. Start by drawing your heart shape on a piece of paper.
2. Tape the heart inside the glass; be sure to position it where you’d like the design to be.
3. Use your permanent paint marker to trace the heart shape, then fill it in completely. (Tip: To get a nice solid color, push the marker tip down, which will release more paint.) You can also use a small paintbrush to fill in the heart. Let the paint dry according to directions.
4. Fill with candy to give as a party favor or fill with your favorite party drink.
Photos: Melissa Fenlon