By Melissa Fenlon and Sara Albers of Alice & Lois
Get ready to ring in the New Year with these DIY watercolor party hats. We love to include the kids in prepping for New Year’s Eve celebrations and these party hats are simple and artistic even for the little ones. What we love about these is that you can pick the watercolors to coordinate with your color scheme for your festivities.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
1. Download, print, and cut out the provided party-hat template; next, trace the hat pattern onto the watercolor paper and cut it out. Paint the hat with watercolor paint.
2. Once the paint is completely dry, stamp “2015” on the center of the hat.
3. Wrap the edges together to form the hat and staple to secure (be sure to leave a small opening at the top of the hat).
4. Cut several strips of gold paper measuring six-inches long. Stack six strips on top of each other and fold the stack in half.
5. Slip the gold strips through the opening at the top of the hat.
6. Gently pull the paper through and fluff. Secure with tape from the inside.
7. Secure ribbons with tape from the inside to use as chin straps.
8. Don your hat and ring in the New Year!
Cheers to a Happy and Healthy 2015!
Photos: Sara Albers3 COMMENTS