Instead of tacking your holiday cards to the refrigerator (mine always fall down!), create this simple Christmas Tree pinboard especially for your holiday-card display.
Click through for the easy step-by-step instructions…
• 3/8″ roll of thick cork
• Hot knife (or Xacto knife)
• Spray adhesive
• White foam board
1. Using a pencil, draw your tree design on the foam board (you can make it as large or small as you’d like, depending on how many cards you usually receive—just make sure it’s not wider than your roll of cork at its widest point). Use the hot tool or Xacto knife to cut the tree shape from the foam board.
2. Roll out the cork and cut a piece that’s slightly larger than your tree.
3. Spray a layer of adhesive on one side of the foam board and wait for it to become a bit tacky.
4. Place the piece of cork on the foam board, beginning at one end and working your way to the other, smoothing out any bumps.
5. Trim off the extra cork; if you’d like, spray paint the cork board in the color(s) of your choice.
6. Make a small loop out of twine and knot the ends; affix the loop to the back of the board using a thumbtack to hang the tree.
To make your pinboard even more festive, add fringe tassels or mini ornaments to your thumbtacks. Or, just let the holiday cards do all the talking!
Photos: Jared Smith
Find more of Ashley on her blog.1 COMMENT