By Melissa Fenlon and Sara Albers of Alice & Lois
Looking for a merry and modern (not to mention easy!) way to decorate your Christmas tree this year? You’ve got to try these DIY paper ornaments. With Christmas only a couple weeks away, these ornaments will help you finish trimming your tree in style.
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
• Card stock in colors of your choice
• Glue stick
• Embroidery floss
• Round cup (in whatever size you like)
1. Take your cup and use it to trace circles onto card stock, then cut the circles out. (You could use a large circle-shaped paper punch.) Each ornament will consist of four circles.
2. Fold each circle in half.
3. Apply glue to one side of a folded circle.
4. Take another colored circle and affix it to glued side. Press firmly to secure and make sure the edges are lined up. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with your third circle.
5. Measure out your embroidery thread; make a loop and knot the ends (make sure the loop is large enough to hang on your tree). Position it so the loop is at the top and the knot is at the bottom.
6. Place the thread in the crease of a folded circle and affix with glue.
7. Glue on your last folded circle to complete the ornament.
8. Now hang on your tree!
Photos: Melissa Fenlon