Self-proclaimed non-crafters: Don’t dismay, you can make your kid’s Halloween costume! If you know how to use a pair of scissors and a hot glue gun, you can make this sweet strawberry costume in 15 minutes, flat. Put on that DVR-ed episode of Scandal and before you know it, you’ll have whipped up an entire fruit bowl’s worth of berries.
• Plain red or pink bodysuit (I dyed a white one)
• Two pieces of felt: one red/pink and one green
• Hot glue gun
• Green cap (this one is from Hanna Andersson)
1. Cut the red/pink felt into small raindrop shapes—enough to dot the entire front of the bodysuit.
2. Cut the green felt into a scalloped collar shape.
3. Hot glue the shaped felt pieces onto the bodysuit. That’s it!
Find more of Melanie on her blog.1 COMMENT