By Lauren Saylor of A Fabulous Fete
It’s pretty much impossible to avoid all of the fall inspiration floating around the web, even if it’s still unseasonably hot outside where you live. But one thing I love about this time of the year is the fact that leather makes its comeback. The warm colors and buttery-soft textures have a luxurious and rustic vibe, all at the same time. Keep reading to see how you can incorporate a little leather into your wedding day—this DIY escort-card idea is perfect for a fall or winter celebration.
• Wood-burning tool with letter attachments (you can also get this at any craft store)
• Jump rings
• Glue stick
1. Leave your leather swatches whole and begin to burn each guest’s name into the leather. Since you will need to switch out each letter, I found it easiest to work one letter at a time, burning all the names that included that letter (spacing everything out carefully), rather than burning each name individually.
2. While the tool heats up, cut out pieces of cork to hang the escort cards from. You can attach the cork pieces to a wall at your wedding venue or perhaps to a precut board that complements your color aesthetic (don’t forget to decorate with greenery, flowers, and/or ribbon!).
3. Using a glue stick, affix the leather swatches to the chipboard; let dry.
4. Cut each name out, leaving room along the edges to attach the rings; use the awl to make holes at the top corners.
5. Prepare your chain by cutting it to the desired length.
6. Insert jump rings through the holes and attach the chain ends. Hang each escort card on the cork boards using small push pins.
Now arrange on your boards. Add in the table numbers somewhere on each cork piece (or to the leather pieces if you wanted to make them bigger to accommodate the number too). I used some leftover leather to make the numbers that were pinned to each piece.Comments Off on DIY Stamped Leather Escort Cards