Written by Melissa Fenlon & Sara Albers
By Melissa & Sara of Alice & Lois
Give your wedding guests a take-home treat that’s delicious, homemade, and packs a big crunch: pickles! This recipe is super simple to make; plus, the elegant glass jars make them very versatile—they could easily work as favors at a more rustic-themed celebration as well as at a more classic wedding. Just whip up an extra-large batch and tie each jar of pickles with the downloadable favor tag we made just for you.
Quick Cucumber Pickles (makes five jars of pickles)
1 ½ cups white vinegar
1 ½ cup water
1 Tablespoon salt
4 garlic cloves, cut in half
Slice cucumbers ¼-inch thick. Stuff clean jars with cukes, leaving room for herbs and spices. Bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil. Pour mixture over cucumbers in each jar, covering slices. Then add garlic, herbs, and spices. Keep on counter until they reach room temperature, then refrigerate for 24 hours. They are ready to eat after that! Keep chilled for up to three weeks. We recommend making them no more than one week before the wedding.
1. Print the downloadable pickle jar tags on white card stock. Cut out each tag and affix a small strip of washi tape on one end.
2. Punch a hole through the washi tape and tag.
3. Wind string around jar and through the tag; tie a knot.
4. Delicious wedding favors!
Additionally, here are a few other ideas for decorating the tags and pickle jars:
• Add a swash of watercolor paint to the tags in colors that match your color scheme.
• Use swatches of fabric (in complementary colors/patterns) to wrap around the tops of the jars.
• Use colored cord or ribbon to attach the tag to the jars.
Photos by Melissa FenlonComments Off on DIY Wedding Favor: Homemade Pickles (With Printable Tag!)