By Ashley of Sugar & Cloth
Every table setting needs a few key pieces (who could forget striped straws, after all?), but sometimes your flatware needs a little sprucing up, too! These DIY patterned flatware pouches not only add a pop of color that you can mix with any theme, but they also keep utensils nice and neat, all gathered together.
Even better, they only require a few inexpensive supplies, and you can whip them up in a pinch in just under ten minutes!
– Rubber stamps of your choice
– Stamp ink pad
– 4″x5″ Drawstring muslin bags
1. Ink your stamp on the ink pad and then press onto your muslin bag, starting at either of the top corners.
2. Continue stamping at alternating points to create a scattered pattern, being sure to also stamp very close to the edges of the muslin bag to create a natural “bleeding the edges” look.
3. Insert your flatware, style, and serve!
These would be a really fun way to add a modern touch to your upcoming holiday gatherings, like Father’s Day and the Fourth of July! Or, you can just use them as an excuse to have host another evening soiree with friends, I won’t blame you.
Find more of Ashley and her DIY projects on her blog!
Photos by Jared Smith
Find more of Ashley on her blog.8 COMMENTS