By Merrilee of Mer Mag
Dress your eggs up as characters this Easter and sit them on a shelf!
To make these you will need:
- template for bunny and clown egg characters
- 8.5×11 sheet of card stock
- plastic or hard boiled egg
- paints, markers or crayons to decorate clothing, etc.
- adhesive such as strong tape or glue (I used hot glue for gluing on the ears to egg as that is the hardest piece to stick to the egg)
- Begin by painting on a face to your hardboiled or plastic egg. Let that dry.
- Print out clothing items onto white, colored or patterned paper. If you wish, paint details onto each piece for the bodice, legs, ears, hat, etc.
- Fold the ears together at the base and glue. Then using hot glue, glue the ears to sides of the egg head.
- Fold the legs so that a portion of them can be tucked under and glued to the inside of the bodice tube. Fold at the knees and feet as well.
- Assemble your egg character by rolling the bodice into a tube and glueing together. Egg should sit nicely on top of the tube. Glue on legs and place your new friend on a shelf to enjoy!
If you make these with artificial eggs, they can sit out on your shelf all during the Easter season. Or used hardboiled for a fun surprise Easter morning!
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.9 COMMENTS