To start, you will need:
- a small sheet of cardboard
- some scissors
- acrylic craft paint
- needle with a large eye
- some yarn, ribbon or thick string. such as this pink lanyard we used here
- Begin by drawing 5 circles out of your sheet of cardboard.
- Cut each circle out with a pair of strong scissors. (To get a perfect circle shape you can use a compass or trace something circular if you wish.)
- Using craft paint, paint on various patterns such as stripes, polka dots, and more to create fun and interesting cardboard “beads”.
- Now thread your large needle with your string of choice. We Used a hot pink lanyard here and strung it through the very tip of a lager needle. String your “beads” together by running the needle and string through each circle. There should be a natural path through the corrugated cardboard, making it easy to thread these together.
- Tie off the top of your string.
- Your necklace is ready to wear!
And to make your necklace even more fun and visually interesting, paint the opposite side with a contrasting color. Here we used both black and white on Mickey and Ju Ju’s necklaces so that no matter which way the “beads” turn, they’ll look great!
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.5 COMMENTS