By Merrilee Liddiard, Mer Mag
As soon as I saw this darling Minted Easter Egg card, designed by b. wise papers, I knew I wanted to put together a simple kid’s craft based on it.
To make this fun paper strip Easter egg art you will need…
- 8.5×11 egg template
- 2 8.5×11 sheets of white or colored cardstock
- an assortment of colored and patterned paper cut into approx. 1/2″ wide strips
- glue or adhesive
- X-acto knife
1. Begin by printing out two copies of the egg template onto 8.5×11 card stock. Then, using an assortment of colorful and patterned paper, cut several strips of paper, approx. 1/2″ wide.
2. Have child place stripes of paper randomly over one of the egg templates.
3. Cover entire egg with several strips of paper, gluing them down as you go.
4. Using the other sheet of card stock cut out egg shape with X-acto knife (adult should do this step).
5. Now place the egg “frame” over the sheet covered in strips of paper. Secure with glue, glue dots or some sort of adhesive.
6. You colorful egg art is now complete!
Have fun displaying your child’s new Easter Egg artwork. You can frame it or simply hang it up with fun colorful washi tape!
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.15 COMMENTS