- Minted’s inspiration boards are an incredible tool to let you both collect your favorites and also see how the pieces all work together… it’s so fun to go through the assortment and add your favorites and then use the shuffle feature to re-arrange them until they feel just right.
It’s very easy to start a Minted inspiration board… you need to create an account on the minted site first, and then you just click ‘add to board‘ in the upper right hand corner of each product detail page.
- As a rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to pick one ‘favorite piece’ to anchor your gallery collection.
- It’s helpful to have 2-3 larger pieces that balance out smaller pieces.
- Although we do love mixing three or five sizes of prints, unity is also not the enemy. All one size can look really sophisticated, especially in a hall way.
Image: Pottery Barn. We love how the dark walls really make the prints pop!!
- Depending upon how formal you want your collage to be, we recommend keeping one of the following consistent: size, subject, color or frame style/color. The more formal a collage you wish to create, the more of those elements you will want to have in common.
Also make sure to check out Minted’s art collage created by Suzanne Shade for the ALTitude Design Conference, as well as our posts on ‘How to frame your Minted art‘ and ‘How to hang your Minted art.’
Find more of Natasha on her blog.Comments Off on How to select your Minted art.