Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Log in to your minted.com account

• Hi Designers,

We're planning some fun events for this year's National Stationery Show, taking place at the Javits Center in NYC, May 20-23. Please keep us posted on whether or not you will be attending or exhibiting. We really enjoyed meeting so many talented Minties last year and can't wait to see everyone again!

Best,

Alison

Alison Michael | Associate Manager, Community Relations | minted.

• Hi Alison!

I am going to attend again this year. I had the BEST time last year and I think I have convinced Lena Barakat to join me.

• Hi Alison,

Can you explain what's involved with going to the show?

thanks, Carol

• Just bought my ticket!!  So excited to FINALLY get to go!!!

• Hi Carol,

The National Stationery Show takes place every year in NYC. It's a stationery trade show that links buyers and sellers of fantastic paper goods. Many designers attend every year to take in what's new for stationery trends. It's very inspiring.

You can find more information here.

The Minted team will be in attendance to chat with seasoned designers and newbies. We meet a lot of great people there every year. We will have a meetup/cocktail party and some other fun events planned for the few days it takes place.

Best,

Alison

• Hi Alison,

Thanks for the info! I know OF the Show and have been to the Javits many times for other industry shows —would love to attend the Stationery Show and meet the Minted crew! Sounds like a lot of fun! Let me know if there's anything special I should do beyond the on-line registration. thanks so much, Carol

• Can't wait!! I plan on being there!

• I will definitely be attending this year! I look forward to meeting everyone!
  • I'm planning on going this year!

• I am SO there!!

So, I'm incredibly lazy and haven't finished my Tax ID application yet, and it looks like the for the registration we need to prove that we are a valid "business" - I have an active website, but most of the other things seem to revolve around a Tax ID. Has anybody else registered without the Tax ID or related information??

• I am really trying to get there this year. For those who have gone before, do you need all 4 days to see everything or are 1-2 days sufficient?
  • I'm planning on attending. What day do you think the mintie meetup will be?

• Hi Katie- Personally, I thought 2 days was plenty.

• I'll be there. I exhibited last year but I'll just be walking the show this year and I'll DEFINITELY be meeting with Minties if anybody wants to get together.

Julie

• Trying to make plans to go.

Minted, can you let us know what day(s) you will be having events, so we can plan travel accordingly?

• @Julie - Have you ever registered as a buyer for the show?  Since there is no fee to attend, are you obligated to purchase a certain amount of product?  I'm just wondering.  For everyone whose attended in the past, any tips for us first-timers? :o)

• I'm definitely going and am so excited to meet everyone IN PERSON! Is it May yet!??

• I'm super excited for May! For everybody that is considering attending...just do it! Just some info on fees for walking the show via GLM:

Those in the service sector – suppliers to the industry, artists, public relations/advertising professionals, consultants and other suppliers – are charged $150. Likewise, non-exhibiting manufacturers of product similar to those presented by exhibitors in the Show are charged $150.

If the primary nature of business relates to the retail sale of consumer products – like those exhibited at the NSS – there is no charge in advance to attend. An onsite registration fee of $50 will apply.

(I paid 150.00 because I'm a "non-exhibiting manufacturer.") Walking the show and meeting the people that you've connected with via Minted or online is priceless. It completely changes your Minted experience when you meet Minties in person. I'll be exhibiting with the Ladies of Letterpress booth this year...can't wait to see/meet everybody!

• I'll be there! Last year it was amazing to meet fellow Minties in person.

• Does anyone know what days minted had their events last year? I want to try to be there on those days and am hoping that maybe they will be the same so I can make sure to be there!
  • Does anyone know what days minted had their events last year? I want to try to be there on those days and am hoping that maybe they will be the same so I can make sure to be there!
  • Does anyone have any hotel suggestions close to Javits?

• Can't wait!!!

• I am tentatively coming! but not sure on travel plans just yet, and which days to actually be there so I can meet up with everyone. Sunday and Monday?

• I really want to go this year, and I'm 95% sure that I can attend. I'm super excited to finally meet everyone!

Since it will be my first time to New York, I also want to take a few days and explore the city. I am coordinating schedules with my husband so we can make it a mini-vacation.

I know it's still a couple of months out, but I agree, it would be great to know which date Minted is thinking about for the meetup/cocktail party in order to make travel plans.

•  

• So excited, we move back to the mainland in April, just in time to make it out to this year's show! I'm so looking forward to meeting lots of Minties in person!

Dates for the Minted events would be great to see as soon as they're available...can't wait to start booking tickets and making plans!

• I'm 50/50 right now. I so want to meet everyone in person!

• Definitely going to attend this year - so excited, can't wait!

• I'm 90% sure I'm going! It was great to walk around the show and see all of the stationary lines, but getting to meet all the Minties and Miriam & team was amazing. Katie, 1-2 tops is all you need to see everything : )

• I'll be there too!  So excited especially since I missed out last year.  I still need to purchase the flights, but hotel is booked and I am all registered up. Laughing

• ok, so I am bummed. I would love to attend but I am all way down here in GA and unfortunately my 10 month old still needs me, or I need him, haha. But am I crazy or do I remember their being an Atlanta Stationery Show as well, maybe I am getting it confused with the gift show. hmmm, anyone know for sure?

• I will be exhibiting this year yay! booth #1376

• I have been one other time as a guest and would love to attend and meet fellow Minties too. I'm a little confused as to how to register if I am not a vendor but I do have a tax ID number.

Any info would be appreciated!

• I'm going... for the first time! I'm new to the Minted Community but am definitely planning to attend the Minted events. Very excited to meet all of you!

• I'm going... for the first time! I'm new to the Minted Community but am definitely planning to attend the Minted events. Very excited to meet all of you!

• I attended last year show and had a lovely time.    Look forward to seeing everyone this year and as well as shopping and sightseeing.   Can't wait!

• I will be there...
  • Hi Designers,

We're so excited to see everyone at the show! We are still finalizing the details but our party will take place Monday, the 21st, in the evening. We will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted!

Best,

Alison

Alison Michael | Associate Manager, Community Relations | minted.

• Do you guys already have reservations at a particular hotel?

• Thanks, Alison. Looks like I might make it this year and looking forward to finally meeting everyone!

• Yay so excited to meet all the minties

• Hi, I really want to go but need some help registering (I don't use my own tax ID so the only requirement I fulfill is having my own website). Does anyone have some tips? I'd like to register and book my flight soon ... THANKS!

• Hi, I really want to go but need some help registering (I don't use my own tax ID so the only requirement I fulfill is having my own website). Does anyone have some tips? I'd like to register and book my flight soon ... THANKS!

• This sounds so fabulous!

However, like Stacey I have a 7 month old that needs me and its across country for me. boooo

Does anyone know how in-depth Minted will be covering the show? perhaps a daily update on their blog?

would be so fun to join from afar :)

• Received my registration confirmation today! Excited to attend and meet everyone!

• I am planning to be there! I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone!

• I'll be there. i can't wait to meet such talented designers.

• I'll be there. i can't wait to meet such talented designers.

• Looks like I might make it this year! Yay! Hotels?

• I will be there. Excited and ready to be inspired!

• Whoops! Sorry about the double post :)

• We've just added NSS to our Facebook events!

• Hi All!  I have been MIA from Minted for about a year due to starting my freelance business and planning my wedding but I'm trying to make time to get back into the game.  I just registered for the Stationery Show and would be more than thrilled to take part in any Minted events happening or just to meet up with anyone from the community.  This is my first time there and I'm not really sure what to expect but I am beyond excited.  Look forward to hearing more details about meetups!  Thanks!

• Yes, definitely attending :)  Can't wait to see everyone!

• Booked my tickets! Still can't believe I'm going :) can't wait to meet everyone!
  • I will be attending! Can't wait to see everyone again!

• I will be attending! Can't wait to see everyone again!

• I'm going too! Looking forward to the show and meeting everyone, and of course NYC!

• I'm with Heather - it would be great if someone could cover it in-depth for all the Minties who aren't able to attend. Have fun!

• woo hoo! I just found out today that I'm going to NSS for work!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

• woo hoo! I just found out today that I'm going to NSS for work!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

• Hey everybody! I finally got my tax # and am trying to register as we speak....

Meg was super helpful earlier in the post in saying she paid the $150 to register, but now that I've gotten to the payment part of the registration I have the options of "Retail Seller/Purchaser" = $0 or "Non-Purchaser" = $175. What did you all register as??? I would certainly love to save the money, but not if it's not what I'm supposed to register as.

• I fell victim to the double-post plague....

• Tickets booked! SO excited to meet everyone!
  • Thanks for the heads up Alison! Reserve my spot! Looking forward to catching up with all of you! Has it already been a year?

x Brandy

• Ironically I'm in New York the week before NSS for work (LuxePack show). I wish I could extend my trip, but my husband would kill me since we have a one-year-old at home.

:(

I'm hoping there will be lots of coverage!

I'm also hoping to make it next year. I'm dying to meet everyone.

• I will be there! Can't wait to see everyone :)

• This is so exciting, I'll shall plan to attend one at least once in my lifetime. Have fun Minted Team!

• :( My work decided to send an Account Manager instead of me, so I guess I won't be making it this year after all. Here's to hoping for next year!