Your Christmas card may be the only piece of mailed correspondence you send all year. It’s the perfect opportunity to catch your family and friends up on the past year and to create something beautiful to be displayed on their mantles all season. Once you’ve taken the perfect photo for your card and picked a design that showcases it, how do you decide what note to include inside?
Here are some ideas for the inside and back of your card:
- Write a Christmas letter. See tips for writing a Christmas letter below.
- Do a year in review. Share family highlights, do a month-by-month recap, or write a newsletter-style update.
- Write a Christmas song or poem, or create an acrostic poem with a festive word.
- Make a top 10 list or a list of things that your family is grateful for from the past year.
- Create a photo collage to showcase more snapshots of your family, and don’t forget the pets.
- Add captioned photos illustrating some of your favorite moments.
- Highlight each of your children’s stories for the year. Name some of their biggest milestones and accomplishments.
- Get the family involved. Let your kids write their own greetings or tell a story of their favorite part of the year.