By: Merrilee Liddiard, of Mer Mag
These simple little animal envelopes are just the thing to drop your friend, teacher, (or Valentine!) a little note in! And the best part, they are super easy to make.
- envelopes (the ones with the “V” shape closure works best for these)
- paint, markers, or whatever decorative art supplies you like
- Colorful or patterned paper for the ears
- glue stick (or an adhesive of sorts)
- Begin with an blank envelope, closure side facing you
- Paint on features, using point of envelope as your animal’s nose
- Paint on additional features such as cheeks, or whiskers, freckles, etc.
- From your colored or patterned paper, cut out ear shapes. Here w went with triangles for a cat or fox look. Glue them to the underside of the envelope.
- Fill your animal envelope with a special note and even candies for a friend or teacher.
- Make more! These are so easy and fun to make, you’ll love coming up with different animals such as our little doggie friend below!
Find more of Merrilee on her blog.2 COMMENTS