With the Wedding Letterpress Collection launching just a few short weeks ago, I couldn’t help but be inspired by all of the beautiful designs that were fresh to the minted website. Despite my love for color and chaos, this simple black, grey and white wedding invitation suite caught my eye. With the contrast of elegant and basic fonts mixed in with modern sketched foliage, the invitation seemed like a perfect start to an effortless design.
1. The Chalkboard letterpress wedding invitations by Althea and Ruth were the beginning of the inspiration. You need to start somewhere when it comes to planing your big day, so why not here? It’s one of the first pieces of the puzzle to go out and can nicely show the style and feel you’re going for at your wedding.
2. These playful pin escort cards via Martha Stewart Weddings by Joseph de Leo are a fun and modern way to contrast any traditional elements in your wedding. Plus they may even help some conversations going at a large wedding serving as name tags!
3. Pulling from the black and white simplicity of the letterpress invitation, the white floral arrangement via Elizabeth Anne Designs placed in a black vase creates that same contrast. Vases are a great way to bring in your colors and mix beautifully with a bouquet of white flowers.
4. Playing along with the chalkboard elements of the suite, bringing in this cocktail sign via Style Me Pretty by Rebecca Arthurs Photography mimicked that. Chalkboards are a great way to display menus, directions, or fun notes for your guests.
5. One of my favorite elements to the invitation suite are the branches. I think that all events need some form of nature, it really brings all of the other decor to life. These fern wreaths via Once Wed by Leo Patrone Photography would add interest to many areas in your venue. Think of how beautiful they would be on a large blank wall!
A soft mint touch looks beautiful with the invitation suite and would also be a beautiful accent color to your black and white wedding decor. You can go as big as going mint for your gown, or add a hint of the color with the escort cards. Play around with simple and playful touches for your big day too. If your venue can accommodate, fun pendant lamps are such a unique touch instead of traditional chandeliers or other light, fill your rooms with giant balloons in the color scheme, and don’t forget about the settings for the dinner tables. Small details are what will make your day special and memorable.
1. Chalkboard Letterpress wedding invitations / 2. Unique pendant lamps via Olive and Branch / 3. Simple mint escort cards via Oncewed by Ian Grant Photography / 4. Gown by Daren Caldwell / 5. Balloons by One and Only Paris Photography / 6. Delicate olive branches used to accent each place setting via Style Me Pretty by Punam Bean Photography / 7. Chalkboard seating chart by Lily & Val
You can check out the full invitation suite here.
Find more of Lauren on her blog.1 COMMENT