Minted Design Grant Winners

By Jen Casebeer, Community Editor

We’re so proud and excited to announce the winners of our first-ever Minted Design Grants! This year, we decided to offer three $4,000 grants to reward and nurture fresh, innovative design: two student scholarship grants and one open design grant for anybody and everybody.

First off, thank you so much to everyone who applied. We received hundreds of applications from very gifted artists with a wide array of talents and passions. It was truly inspiring to see such dedicated work. Awarding these grants was no easy task! So after a grueling process, we are thrilled to announce and congratulate the first-ever Minted Design Grant recipients!

Student Design Grant Winner: 

Angie Fu, University of California Los Angeles, Design Media Arts

angiefu.com

We were thoroughly wowed by Angie Fu. We loved her passion for integrating technology and fine arts. Her innovative website sealed the deal. Clicking on each piece was like unwrapping a present. What an impressive and eclectic portfolio!

Student Design Grant Winner: 

Amanda Buck, Maryland Institute College of Art, Graphic Design

www.amandabuck.com

Amanda Buck describes herself as a Letterpress Artist. An artist indeed! We would add Infographic Master, Logosmith, and Innovative Booklet Maker to the list of words that describe her. We also admire how she has used her considerable skills in working for causes she clearly cares deeply about.

Student Design Grant Honorable Mentions:

• Helena Jaramillo, State University of New York at Purchase, New Media
  • Kirsten Eaton, Rhode Island School of Design, Furniture Design
  • Paige Kwon, Art Center College of Design, Graphic Design

Independent Artist Grant Winner:

Katharine Watson, Block Printing

katharinewatson.com

Katharine Watson’s website features a stunning slideshow of her work and the tools of her trade. What a beautiful reminder of the artistry and craftsmanship required in block printing! She uses the handmade quality of this medium to create cards that feel like small works of art. We’ve been lucky to have Katharine submit to a few of our design challenges and we adore the unique style that results when you combine hand printing with a photo or perfectly set type.

Independent Artist Grant Honorable Mentions:

Congratulations to our very worthy winners!

2   COMMENTS
  1. Hailey

Awesome collection of designers – so much beautiful work – big congrats!!

2. lori

Congratulations Angie, Amanda + Katherine! Really well-deserved! Awesome work!! :)