help us build the world's premier design marketplace.
Join one of the web's fastest-growing and most exciting businesses, Minted.com. Minted is the premier online marketplace for independent design and art. The company is a crowd-sourcing pioneer, sourcing graphic designs and art from a global designer and artist community. Minted produces and sells the artists' work as fine paper products, addressing the $10 billion stationery market, $48 billion wall art market, and $7 billion party décor market. Minted’s mission is to enable our community to provide the best and freshest design in the world to consumers. We aim to build a lasting brand representing the most commercially successful design community in the world.
Combining community with commerce, Minted was founded by a successful serial entrepreneur and is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Yahoo, eBay, Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. We are a passionate, creative, ambitious team. Minted is a great opportunity to work with a stellar team and work on a world-changing product, all supported by a proven business model.
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Employee discount for use on Minted’s products
- Breakfast bagel Mondays
- Weekly catered lunches
Engineering at Minted mixes the fast paced development and independent thinking of a true startup with the best practices and structure of a mature company. Every team member is a coder with influence on technical designs which directly impact the business' bottom line.
We've created groundbreaking features that are sleek and user-friendly on a scalable distributed architecture. We are strong believers in maintaining high code quality via code reviews, unit tests, and peer reviews on technical architecture design. We are a results-driven company, and we use metrics and analytics to ensure that each feature we implement drives user growth and conversion. Come work with us on interesting technical and design challenges and see your work make immediate impact on the company's revenue.
- Auto-scaled services: We leverage EC2 instances, ELB, Auto-Scaling, Elastic IP, SQS and other Amazon Web Services technologies to perform photo processing, apply user modifications to a custom art file, and automate the creation of print ready images.
- Monitoring and analytics: We believe in using detailed metrics to measure results and drive improvements. We use Google Analytics, Logstash, Redis, and Statsd to instrument data points. We use Kibana, Graphite, and Reportz to analyze and monitor our metrics.
- Logistics state machine: Minted has a sophisticated fulfillment system that supports a complex array of design products and printing facilities. We use a combination of automation tools, web interfaces, and APIs to manage the design and order workflow.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
what our engineers have to say:
"One of my favorite aspects about being an engineer at Minted is the culture surrounding feature development. We come up with transparent, logical goals for our work, so we have an objective way to measure the success of features we're releasing. It feels great to know we can help independent designers earn something for their hard work and creativity."
Senior Director of Engineering
"I like that Minted values meritocracy, transparency and making changes that have signiﬁcant concrete positive impact on our design community, our users, and the business. I've continually been impressed with the quality of the management team and of decision making, and the fast growing environment has given me opportunities to learn, grow, and continue to be challenged technically and professionally."
"It's fun to be here. My friends and mentors at Minted make the work environment for me. I'm always learning and continuously challenged to become a more creative and more structured software developer. The small but fast growing environment gives me a lot of opportunities to contribute to the workplace culture and team."