Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Log in to your minted.com account

• What exactly happens during the "Trial Period?"  I understand that it is the 90 days after the submission deadline.  However, particularly for designs that do not win, what happens during that period?  What is being "tried?"  Is there a possibility that designs that did not win might be put on the site and sold?

Thank you.

• Stacey, my understanding is, during that 90 period, your item could be purchased. If it is purchased, you are compensated for it. You will be asked to make any necessary changes, provide needed files and it goes into the minted line of offerings. If it doesn't do anything after that 90 days, you are free to use your design elsewhere. Which it where I am having trouble. I can't seem to get anyone to contact me back about designs I'd like to take down since I don't seem to be able to do it on my own.

• Thank you, Jennifer.  That helps!  Like everyone I, of course, hope my designs win or sell during the 90 day trial period.  If not, I would like to sell them somewhere else.  So I hope that it is not problem taking them from Minted's site.

• You are correct, Jennifer, that after the 90 days, you are free to sell the design on your own.  You do not have to have the design removed from your Minted designer page to sell it.  After the 90 days, it belongs to you.  If, for some reason, you'd like to have your design removed, email designers@minted.com and they should be able to help you.  Designers cannot remove designs after the submission deadline, only Minted can do that.  Minted does not mind having your old designs on your page after the 90 days, and, if a customer or customers contact Minted about wanting your design after the 90 days, they may ask you for the files and sell it on Minted.  Of course, if you agree to sell it on Minted, you would have to stop selling the design at that time because it would then belong to Minted.  And, Stacey, during the trial period, the design belongs to Minted - sometimes it takes a while for them to choose designs (sometimes up until the 90 days to announce winners), and, sometimes, they pick more designs after they've already announced winners.  That's my understanding of how things work here.

• Thank you, Kim!  That helps a lot.

• hi I love minted.com