Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Log in to your minted.com account

• Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to Minted in terms of submitting designs for challenges, but I've loved the site forever! Anyway, I want to start using more hand-drawn fonts and illustrations in my work, but I have no idea what scanners work best for this.  I'll be focusing mostly on typography vs art work, and I'll also be using Photoshop and Illustrator.  Thanks so much for any advice - the web is so confusing on this topic :)

Bobbi Smile

• Anyone??

• Welcome to Minted, Bobbi!

Here's a previous discussion on lettering that may be helpful (the Forum search feature is pretty helpful): http://www.minted.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=948&page=1#Item_5

Regarding what scanner to use, I don't think it really matters.  I have an Epson Stylus CX8400 All-In-One (print/scan/copy) that works just fine for scanning in lettering.

Good luck!

• I should clarify that when I say the scanner doesn't matter - that's if you are scanning it in and then cleaning it up in Illustrator or Photoshop.  If you want to scan it in and use it without editing, you may need a better scanner - and I have no recommendation there...