Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Log in to your minted.com account

• Are you having trouble embedding your designer badges?  Just ask, we'll help!

• Hi Gemma! I was wondering... is there was a way to include our affiliate link codes in the shopping badges and still honor the 10% discount offered to customers? Thanks!

• Gemma
    • Sep 25th 2012 edited

Hi Kerry.  What a great idea!  I have added this to our list and we will try to make this happen.  I will be sure to keep you posted!

• Gemma
    • Sep 25th 2012 edited

Need answers fast?  Check out our FAQ.

• Thanks, Kerry and Gemma!

• Gemma
    • Sep 26th 2012 edited

Our beautiful new badges are here! See your Design Studio for the new Shopping Badge, Voting Badge, and I've Been Minted Badge.

Post a new badge to earn a new 2012 Minted t-shirt!

Post your badge to your website by Oct. 21, 2012, and keep it up through at least Dec. 25 (we'd love it if you kept it there permanently).

1. Go to your Design Studio on Minted.

2. Choose one or more of the new badges to create – Shopping Badge, Voting Badge, or the I've Been Minted Badge. It's super easy. Copy the HTML in its entirety.

3. Place the badge (paste the HTML) on the top page of your website or blog, preferably above the fold.

4. IMPORTANT: to request your t-shirt, please notify us when you have the badge up on your website by filling out this form.

• Love the new badges, but I'm having trouble with the voting badge. It's displaying one of my older designs that's actually for sale, rather than my most recently submitted design. Any suggestions?

• I'm having the same issue with the new voting badge, Sarah.

Still, thanks to Minted for listening to the community and engaging with us!

• Hi Sarah and Mariel, we are looking into the Voting Badge issue right now and will post here once it is fixed! In the meantime, please feel free to check out the Shopping Badge and I've Been Minted Badge.

• Brady
    • Sep 26th 2012 edited

Tumblr Users - we have a special FAQ just for you.

We tested out the new badges on the most popular blogging platforms. It seems that Tumblr doesn't play well with CSS. Fear not! We found a simple solution...

To insert a Minted badge into a Tumblr post, you will need to change your Tumblr settings temporarily.

1. On your Tumblr dashboard, click the gear icon at the top of the page (for settings)
    2. For “Edit posts using”, change your setting to “plain text/HTML”
    3. Be sure to click save
    4. Now you can paste your Minted Badge HTML into the body of your post
    5. You can change your "Edit posts using" setting back to its original setting now

To insert a Minted badge into a Tumblr template (e.g. your side rail), you should be able to paste the badge HTML into your custom Theme. Let us know if it's giving you any problems and we'll help you out.

• I'd like to make a request for additional badge sizes! My tumblr sidebar is 300px and I have no HTML skills to center a 180 px badge. :(

I do love the new badges! It's so nice to have all the background options.

• I'm having some issues...I definitely don't have the HTML skills to figure this out...

I have a tumblr and I can't seem to figure out exactly where on my code I post it...everywhere I have put it, it won't show up!

• Hi Mariel & Sarah - we have fixed the issue with the voting badge. You should be good to go (and thanks for tipping us off to the bug).

• Hi Moglea & SweetBirch,

Drop an email to gemma@minted.com and include

1. the HTML snippet that you grabbed from the site

2. a link to your Tumblr, so we can see where you're trying to post (please describe where you want it to be and whether you need it centered)

We'll take a look and help if at all possible.

SweetBirch, in case you didn't already try our trick, please see the Tumblr FAQ (see further above in this thread)

• Hello Gemma and Brady! I updated my badges and they look great. The top two badges have no space between them, so they look a little funny. I know I should add padding or a margin, but I'm not great with code and can't figure out where to look to add the space. Here's a link to my blog: http://jwickdesign.tumblr.com/

If you need anything else, just let me know. Thanks!

• Hi Jennifer!

So sorry for the delayed response, I can definitely help you with this.  Please email me the HTML code for both badges at gemma@minted.com and I can have someone edit the code.

• Okay, Jennifer - I think I have a solution for you.  Try putting this in between your two badges: <p>&nbsp;<br/>

If this doesn't give you the necessary padding, please send me the html code from both badges.  Thanks!

• Gemma, that worked -  you rock! Thank you so much : )

• My voting badge doesn't seem to be working. When it's clicked it takes the voter to minted page where they have to register. Is this right?